Join the community to get help, support others, and help shape Arvados.
Interact with the Arvados community on the Arvados Forum and the arvados/community channel at gitter.im. The forum has topic-based discussion, Q&A and community support, while on Gitter you can join developers, power users, and newcomers for live chat. If you are interested in enterprise level support for Arvados, contact Curii (email@example.com) for information about products and services.
User Group Video Chats
There is a regular Arvados User Group video chat on Google meet. Find out when the next chat will happen on the Arvados User Group public calendar. If you want a reminder to appear on your calendar, join the Arvados User Google group.
Free software unlocks the potential of community to collaborate and develop in a decentralized way where the collective effort produces something greater than any individual or single company could achieve on their own. The Arvados design and development is open and transparent. We maintain a fully public source code repository through the entire development process. Contribution is merit-based and the code review, issues, backlog, and release schedules are all open and transparent.
The Arvados community is organized around six core principles:
- Open Source - We are committed to developing free and open source software.
- Elegance - We aim to create software that is well designed, flexible, modular, extensible and easily maintainable. We strive for user experiences that are thoughtful, simple and easy-to-use.
- Transparency - All discussions and decisions happen in open forums. The community controls the design process. All decisions, processes, and discussions are documented and preserved in the project website.
- Quality - We strive to create highly-quality code that is reliable, secure, scalable, tested, documented and maintainable. We understand that Arvados powers mission-critical systems.
- Merit - Technical governance is a meritocracy. Working code wins arguments.
- Respect - We seek to build a respectful, collaborative community that is enjoyable to participate in and fosters healthy discussion and debate.
Learn more about joining the development community.